UIL programs equip students with the English skills they need to prepare for their future studies, travel or employment. Each UIL course provides students with the opportunity to improve the key skill areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking. Our supportive teachers encourage students to accurately use their English in a variety of situations.
Elementary to Advanced Levels (5 levels), 10 weeks per level. General English programs provide a pathway for students preparing for entry into the Secondary School Preparation or English for Academic Purposes programs, as well as development of English language skills and recreational English.
English for Business Purposes (EBP)
Entry requirements: Successful completion of General English Pre Intermediate program or equivalent IELTS 4.5 (min. 4.0 subskill). The UIL English for Business Purposes (EBP) program is designed to prepare students to study business diplomas or to work at a high proficiency level in English in the workforce.
Level 1 – 2 (2 levels), 10 weeks per level. Prepares students for the IELTS exam.
UIL Springfield campus is an accredited TOEIC testing centre. Public Testing is available at UIL on every public testing date with testing conducted in the classrooms of UIL. Please check other Brisbane test centres for other test locations if required.
School preparation programs prepare students to enter primary, junior or senior secondary school within Australia. UIL is partnered with Education Queensland International (EQI) and multiple independent schools, providing students with a variety of choice when selecting a school that best meets their needs. Primary and secondary school preparation programs consist of 25 hours of study per week with 20 hours in the classroom and 5 hours of “English in Practice” activities. Student progress is reported on every 5 weeks.
UIL’s Primary School Preparation Program and Secondary School Preparation Program are designed to prepare students to enter primary and secondary school at the students’ choice of Registered EQI Schools and Partner Independent Schools.
Primary School Preparation Program (PSPP)
For students aged between 8-11 years old planning to enter years 3, 4, 5 or 6 at primary school. Prepares students for transition to schooling in Australia using an English-speaking context and curriculum.
Secondary School Preparation Program (SSPP)
Intermediate English language level or above, appropriate for 12-18 years old. Starting every Monday. Duration of the program depends on the student’s level of English (10 weeks per level).
Both programs achieve the following:
- Prepare students for their transition to schooling in Australia by immersing them in an English-speaking context and engaging them with relevant curriculum.
- Equip the students with the skills they need to be capable and confident learners.
- Allow students to meet all the English Language entry criteria for their school program at EQI and Independent Schools.
- Consist of 25 hours of study per week, with 20 hours in the classroom and 5 hours of “English in Practice” activities.
Pathway into a Government School
UIL and Education Queensland International (EQI) Partnership
Queensland Government schools provide students with a wide range of high-quality study pathways. Safety, support, academic excellence and competitive costs make Queensland Government schools an outstanding choice for an overseas study experience. Choose from EQI Schools across South-East Queensland, including Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and around the state.
Find out more at: https://eqi.com.au/why-queensland/academic-and-career-pathways
Pathway into an Independent School
UIL is partnered with 20+ independent schools across Queensland which provides students with a variety of choice when selecting a school that best meets their needs. For an up-to-date pathway school list and detailed information about entry requirements, please contact UIL at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Brisbane Boys’ College (Brisbane)
• Ipswich Boys’ Grammar School (Ipswich)
• Moreton Bay Boys’ College (Brisbane)
• St Laurence’s College (South Brisbane)
• Villanova College (Brisbane)
• Ipswich Girls’ Grammar School (Ipswich)
• Lourdes Hill College (Brisbane)
• Moreton Bay College (Brisbane)
• St Aidan’s Anglican Girls’ School (Brisbane)
• St Margaret’s Anglican Girls’ School (Brisbane)
• Stuartholme School (Brisbane)
• Canterbury College (Brisbane)
• Clayfield College (Brisbane)
• Concordia Lutheran College (Toowoomba)
• Lindisfarne Anglican Grammar School (Tweed Heads)
• Peace Lutheran College (Cairns)
• Redeemer Lutheran College (Brisbane)
• Rockhampton Grammar School (Rockhampton)
• Sheldon College (Brisbane)
• St James College (Brisbane)
• St John’s Anglican College (Brisbane)
• St Peter’s Lutheran College (Brisbane)
• The Springfield Anglican College (Brisbane)
• West Moreton Anglican College (Ipswich)
University and Vocational College Pathway Programs
English Pathway to UniSQ
Unlock your learning potential with a quality English for Academic Purpose Program (EAP). Join our EAP program in partnership with UniSQ to enhance your English language skills and start your academic journey. This comprehensive program acts as a pathway into study at UniSQ and is a great opportunity for international students pursuing higher education in Australia.
Campus – Available at UniSQ Springfield
15/01/2024 – 22/03/2024
25/03/2024 – 31/05/2024
03/06/2024 – 09/08/2024
12/08/2024 – 18/10/2024
21/10/2024 – 03/01/2025
English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
Entry requirement: IELTS 5.0 or equivalent.
3 Levels, 10 weeks each. Provides students with the necessary skills to feel confident to commence studies at tertiary institutions.
- EAP 1 – Entry into VET or TAFE programs
- EAP 2 – Entry into most Bachelor Degree programs
- EAP 3 – Entry into some Bachelor Degree programs and Postgraduate Degree programs
- Ages 16 years old and above
The EAP programs allow students to:
- Gain the English language proficiency needed for further academic education
- Pathway into selected vocational colleges and universities in Australia
- Express facts, ideas and opinions using appropriate vocabulary and grammatical structures for academic purposes
- Understand academic discussions and lectures, and take notes
- Speak clearly and confidently in English
- Write well-structured and formatted academic texts of various types
- Deliver seminar presentations in English to an audience
UIL and TAFE Queensland Partnership
TAFE Queensland and UIL have established a partnership agreement that enables international students to study an ELICOS program at UIL before commencing their vocational program with TAFE Queensland.
For the latest list of TAFE courses available, access:
Other Partner VET Colleges and Universities