UIL programs equip students with the English skills they need to prepare for their future studies, travel or employment. Each UIL course is provides students with the opportunity to improve the key skill areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking. Our supportive teachers encourage students to accurately use their English in a variety of situations.
Elementary to Advanced Levels (5 levels), 10 weeks per level. General English programs provide a pathway for students preparing for entry into the Secondary School Preparation or English for Academic Purposes programs, as well as development of English language skills and recreational English. UIL’s staff will assist you to select the most appropriate course to meet your individual needs. UIL will also design and tailor courses to meet the requirements of corporate trainers and for professional development.
English for Business Purposes (EBP)
Entry requirements: Successful completion of General English Pre Intermediate program or equivalent IELTS 4.5 (min. 4.0 subskill). The UIL English for Business Purposes (EBP) program is designed to prepare students to study business diplomas or to work at a high proficiency level in English in the workforce.
Level 1 – 2 (2 levels), 10 weeks per level. Prepares students for the IELTS exam.
UIL Springfield campus is an accredited TOEIC testing centre. Public Testing is available at UIL on every public testing date with testing conducted in the classrooms of UIL. Please check other Brisbane test centres for other test locations if required.
Primary School Preparation Program (PSPP)
The UIL Primary School Preparation Program (PSPP) is designed for students aged between 8 and 11 years old and planning to enter years 3, 4, 5 or 6 at primary school. It prepares students for their transition to schooling in Australia by immersing them in an English-speaking context and engaging them with relevant curriculum. The program equips the students with the skills they need to be capable and confident learners.
Secondary School Preparation Program (SSPP)
The UIL Secondary School Preparation Program (SSPP) prepares students to enter junior or senior secondary school at the students’ choice of registered EQI Schools and Independent UIL Partner Schools. The program can be customised to the needs of each individual, assuring success in their educational endeavours.
- Allows students to meet all the English Language entry criteria for their high school program at EQI and Independent UIL Partner Schools.
- Consists of 25 hours of study per week, with 20 hours in the classroom and 5 hours of “English in Practice” activities.
- Students can commence on any Monday and the duration of the program will depend on the student’s current level of English.
- UIL can provide a free English assessment for students in their home country in order to recommend the amount of English study each student requires.
- UIL has its own fleet of buses for student transport and also provides a personalised airport pick-up and drop-off service.
- UIL manages its own Homestay Program of over 300 experienced, local families excited to host international students.
Designed for students aged under 18 and planning to enter years 7, 8, 9 or 10 at secondary school. The program enables students to improve their levels of English and their subject-specific knowledge so that they can enter an Australian secondary school at the appropriate year level with the skills necessary to successfully complete their study.
Designed for students aged under 19 and planning to enter year 11 at secondary school. The program enables students to improve their levels of English and their subject-specific knowledge so they have the skills necessary to successfully complete their final two years of schooling in an Australian secondary school.
Pathway into a Government School
UIL and Education Queensland International (EQI) Partnership
Queensland Government schools provide students with a wide range of high-quality study pathways. Safety, support, academic excellence and competitive costs make Queensland Government schools an outstanding choice for an overseas study experience. Choose from over 100 schools across Brisbane, Gold Coast and surrounding areas.
Find out more at: https://eqi.com.au/study-options/high-school/high-school-preparation
Pathway into an Independent School
• Brisbane Boys College (Brisbane)
• St Laurence’s College (South Brisbane)
• Villanova College (Brisbane)
• Moreton Bay Boys College (Brisbane)
• Ipswich Grammar School (Ipswich)
• St Margaret’s Anglican Girls’ School (Brisbane)
• St Aidan’s Anglican Girls School (Brisbane)
• Moreton Bay College (Brisbane)
• Ipswich Girls Grammar School (Ipswich)
• Canterbury College (Brisbane)
• St Peter’s Lutheran College (Brisbane)
• The Springfield Anglican College (Brisbane)
• Redeemer Lutheran College (Brisbane)
• Sheldon College (Brisbane)
• West Moreton Anglican College (Ipswich)
• Faith Lutheran College (Plainland)
• Groves Christian College (Brisbane)
• St James College (Brisbane)
• Concordia Lutheran College (Toowoomba)
• Peace Lutheran College (Cairns)
English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
Entry requirement: IELTS 5.0 or equivalent.
3 Levels, 10 weeks each. Provides students with the necessary skills to feel confident to commence studies at tertiary institutions.
- EAP 1 – Entry into VET or TAFE programs
- EAP 2 – Entry into most Bachelor Degree programs
- EAP 3 – Entry into some Bachelor Degree programs and Postgraduate Degree programs
- Ages 16 years old and above
The EAP programs allow students to:
- Gain the English language proficiency needed for further academic education
- Pathway into selected vocational colleges and universities in Australia
- Express facts, ideas and opinions using appropriate vocabulary and grammatical structures for academic purposes
- Understand academic discussions and lectures, and take notes
- Speak clearly and confidently in English
- Write well-structured and formatted academic texts of various types
- Deliver seminar presentations in English to an audience
UIL and TAFE Queensland Partnership
TAFE Queensland and UIL have established a partnership agreement that enables international students to study an ELICOS program at UIL before commencing their vocational program with TAFE Queensland.
For the latest list of TAFE courses available, access:
UIL University Partners
English for Academic Purposes Package (EAP) with CQU and UniSQ
- UIL EAP 1 – Entry to CQU/UniSQ Diploma Programs
- UIL EAP 2 – Entry to CQU/UniSQ Bachelor Degree Programs
- UIL EAP 3 – Entry to CQU/UniSQ Master Degree Programs